Monday, August 4, 2008
As I was climbing to the bottom deck of the boat I felt CRAZY pain in my left knee and couldn't move. I reached down and felt my kneecap floating around on the posterior part of my leg. It dislocated - BIG TIME. After standing on the ladder for a second - I straightened out my leg and POP back into place it goes.
At that time I thought that I really screwed up my knee - and seems I might have been right. 24 hours later it is swollen up like a watermelon and pretty sore. I'm heading to an orthopedic surgeon this afternoon to see what I did to the knee. Could be as bad as ligament tears (PCL tear being most likely) with bone chips which would require surgery. Or, it could just need 3 weeks of rest and babying. We'll see. I'll probably be posting less for a bit - just FYI.
Diet begins today!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
So, the best part of my job at a University is, of course, having three months off during the summer to tie up the myriad loose ends that accumulate during the hectic nine months of instruction. Each summer I have grand plans of composing massive amounts of music, and each summer I churn out a couple of minutes of music and I return to work in September frustrated that I didn’t get more done when I had “time off”. Well, that has happened again this summer, but I am sure I will get more done. Why? Because I created a to-do list. Yep, that’s gonna keep me in line.
Actually, I can’t be kept in line. I have three-year-old triplet boys, so “time off” is really a pipe dream. I am just busy in a very different way - like potty training. But I digress. Here is my To-Do list for the 2008 Summer:
- Clean and organize our home office.
- Re-organize the garage.
- Hold a garage sale.
- Bring excess crap to the Salvation Army.
- Organize my CD collection.
- Organize my office at CSUB - and maybe move into an office that was vacated by a professor that isn’t returning.
- Service my guitars.
- Record 2-5 standards - solo - in my home studio.
- Get JIMSCULLY.COM up an running.
- Get my publishing company up and running.
- Edit audio recorded in May from CSUB concerts and the recording session of “Bouncing About”.
- Compose!!! (Trombone Sonata, Jazz Choir, Big Band, Concert Band, Voice/Piano)
Anyway, that is a partial list. Everyday I think of more things to do...
Maybe I’ll just sit down and compose tonight - it needs to happen.
More to come...